The Forever Healthy
DECEMBER 2014 eLetter
IN THE DECEMBER 2014 ISSUE
- Erin Brockovich: "Hey Duke Energy...looks like you're on the naughty list too..."
- Great Lakes at risk of turning into jelly because of chemical changes, study shows
- Fluoridated Water Can Calcify Arteries, Study Finds
Health Tips Inspirational Quote
1. SUNSHINE IS THE BEST Vitamin D
2. LIVING Food Combining
3. DRINKING TIPS
"2 Pure H2O" Vita Tech Water System
Events • DECEMBER 2014 to APRIL 2015
• 'Champions Train, Losers Complain'
meetup groups around the world
Metro Toronto Convention Centre
April 17, 18, 19, 2015
Hot Health News
Conservation groups say Duke Energy plant leaks coal ash into N.C. river
Erin Brockovich: "North Carolina's Yadkin River is a Drinking Water Supply.
Hey Duke Energy... looks like you're on the naughty list too.
Thick, orange, gooey sludge full of arsenic, lead & selenium isn't what you want leaking into your river. Unfortunately, that's what was found leaking from Duke's Buck Power Plant into the Yadkin River last month."
Great Lakes at risk of turning into jelly because of chemical changes, study shows
The legacy of decades of industrial pollution affecting our Great Lakes now appears to have taken the form of slimy crustaceans choking the life out of these precious aquatic ecosystems..
A new study released this past week in Proceedings of the Royal Society B has shown that the years of acidification of the lake waters has caused a dramatic decline in calcium levels in Canadian lakes, and that in turn has severely impacted the population of tiny shrimp-like creatures called Daphnia.
Fluoridated Water Can Calcify Arteries, Study Finds
The researchers summarized their main finding as follows:
“The main conclusion of our study is that CKD is aggravated even by low concentrations of fluoride, which in turn accelerates medial vascular calcification (MVC), thereby confirming and extending previous reports on fluorosis in CKD patients exposed to WHO-recommended fluoride concentrations in drinking water (Greenberg et al., 1974; Lyaruu et al., 2008).
Health Tip 1
SUNSHINE IS THE BEST Vitamin D
Vitamin D is vital to strong bones and teeth and a healthy immune system
- Your skin has the ability to manufacture as much as 10,000 IU of Vitamin D after 20-30 minutes of sun exposure!
- Mushrooms are the best vegan source of vitamin D.
- TIP! Vitamin D is also best absorbed through the pupil in the eye. So for maximum absorption wear no eyewear!
- More than just a high vitamin D food, mushrooms also provide Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid) and copper. Shitake Portabella & White Button Mushrooms provide vitamin D = 27.0 IU (7% DV) per 100 gram serving, or 7.6IU (2% DV) per ounce.
- 1 hour a week of sunshine will give the average person enough Vit D
- You can also get Vitamin D from fermented soy products:
a. NAMA SHOYU Raw Soy Sauce
b. Organic Sprouted Tofu.
Health Tip 2
LIVING Food Combining
Properly combining your foods can make a huge difference in better digestion and lower, more balanced pH in your body.
The simpler the better!
1. One food or category at a meal - ie: just fresh fruit either all sub acid fruits, or just melons or just sweet like bananas
2. Vegetables - minimal combinations.
3. Eat Raw First...wait 15 minutes to have any cooked food.
4. Drink 15 minutes or more before a meal and wait one hour or more afterwards.
5. Take plant digestive enzymes for heavy/reward/cooked meals.
Health Tip 3
- Avoid consuming VERY cold or VERY hot liquids.
- Drinking liquids at either extreme temperature suppresses natural
enzyme secretions in your stomach by up to 30%!
- Drinking your liquids closer to room/body temperature will allow
maximum stomach enzymes.
- Drinking with meals/solid foods, dilutes your digestive powers.
- Drink 10 minutes or more before meals and wait 1 hour or more after meals to increase your digestion, absorption and eliminate bloating!
~ Wayne Gendel and Wellness Team
* This special promotional offer cannot be combined with any other offers and has no cash value. Offer valid for phone or email orders.