'Eat 80% -100% Whole Organic Pure Fresh Ripe Raw Plant Foods!'
'The Finest Energized Water Purification Systems Since 1995'
July 2013 eLetter
Events; Complimentary Health Coaching Seminar; Alkaline Dessert Recipes;
Health Tip # 1: Ginger - Superfood;
Health Tip # 2: Cacao vs. Cocoa - One is a true SuperFood!
* Tuesday, July 30th at 2:00 PM ET
(New York Time),
Health and Wellness Coaching Teleclass
* Fri Aug 9 - Sun Aug 11, 2013,
Gabriel Cousens, M.D.,
In-Depth Weekend Intensive,
OISE Building, 252 Bloor St West,
* August 13th, 9 PM.“Detox Is an Inside Job”, 5 Tips To Stay Healthy in a Toxic World, link to be announced
* 18-25, Woodstock Fruit Festival, Diamond Point, NY http://www.thewoodstockfruitfestival.com/page/registration-2013
* Monday 26, 5-10pm, Brian Clement, Hamilton Ontario Canada http://www.livelifelongershowandtell.com/
* 25, 26, 27, 28 Natural Products Expo East, Baltimore MD http://www.expoeast.com/
* 27, 28, 29 2nd Annual Ann Wigmore Living Food Conference http://www.livingann.com/
* 3, 4, 5, 6 CHFA Wholesale Health Show, Toronto Canada http://www.chfa.ca/events
* Find your local Raw/Living Food Meetup Groups here: http://www.meetup.com/
Complimentary Health Coaching Seminar
We have arranged for you to attend a special complimentary teleconference call/webinar that we think you will want to attend regarding health and wellness coaching.
If you have ever discussed living a healthier lifestyle with anyone, or if you have recommended health or wellness products or services, you have been doing what professional health coaches do...help people not to get sick.
If that is you, why not get paid for it--without affecting anything you're currently doing right now? Today's technology will allow you to be a health coach and a part of the fastest growing niche market, in coaching. Joint us on this timely and interesting event.
This complimentary 75-minute call/webinar will include an actual real time coaching demonstration with a volunteer. You will also see a program that will allow you to have a real health coaching business and be able to coach multiple clients at one time (without any medical background).
Reserve your spot right now for this demonstration. The time may never be better for you to make a real difference in people's lives and be a part of the most profitable industry in the world...health care.
This lesson will take place on:
Tuesday, July 30th at 2:00 PM ET (New York Time)
To attend, click on the link below or copy and paste it into your web-browser.
We are welcoming Alexi Bracey, who has joined with us, representing Forever Healthy Water.
Alexi is doing a complimentary teleclass:
“Detox Is an Inside Job”,
5 Tips To Stay Healthy in a Toxic World,
August 13th at 9 PM ET.
The link will be announced later. Mark your calendars now.
LIVE LIFE RAW
Alkaline Dessert Recipes
Here are a few yummy dessert recipes I've come across - and the best part is that they are all alkalizing!
Ingredients: 10 dried figs
1/4 cup shredded or ground coconut
10 tsp. raw almond butter
10 whole pecans
Preparation: Split the pitted figs and fill them with almond butter. Roll in the coconut and press the pecans on top. That's it! :)
Carob Nut Log
Ingredients: 1 cut raw almonds, soaked 1 hr, drained & rinsed
2 cups raw sunflower seeds, soaked 1 hr, drained & rinsed
1 cup organic raisins, soaked in 1 cup Forever Healthy Water
1 cup raw walnuts
1 cup raw carob powder
Shredded coconut for garnishing
Chopped nuts (optional)
Preparation: Put the soaked almonds, sunflower seeds, and raisins in a food processor with a little water, and process it until it becomes smooth. Then add the rest of the ingredients. You'll need to adjust the sweetness to your liking as you add the raw carob powder. Once the whole things is smooth, roll the mixture on a flat surface so it binds to form a log. Frost it with the St. Patty's Frosting (see the next recipes). Garnish with the shredded coconut. Enjoy! :)
Ingredients: 1 cup organic green raisins, soaked
1 cup Forever Healthy Water for soaking
1 ripe avocado
3 tbsp raw honey or organic maple syrup to taste (optional)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup raw carob powder (or more if you like)
Preparation: Soak the green raisins in the Forever Healthy Water for an hour. Pour the water into your food processor, and using the "S" blade, blend the avocado, and honey together. Gradually add the vanilla extract and the carob powder (last). You'll need to adjust the sweetness to your liking as you add the raw carob powder. Once thoroughly blended, use it to frost your Carob Nut Log! YUM!
Live Apple Pie
Ingredients: 1 cup ground raw walnuts
1 cup pitted dates, soaked in Forever Healthy Water for 15 min
1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds, soaked for 20 min, drained & rinsed
4 cups shredded apples (any variety)
2 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup fresh apple juice
1/2 cup shredded coconut for garnishing
2/3 cup raisins, dried figs, or prunes (your choice!)
Preparation: Using a food processor, mix 2/3 of the shredded coconuts, all of the walnuts, dates, and sunflower seeds until it's well-mixed. Once smooth enough, press the mixture into a pie shell to make your crust. Set aside for now. Place the grated apples in a large mixing bowl. Blend the cinnamon, apple juice and raisins together, and pour it over the grated apples. Mix thoroughly to form your apple filling. Fill the pie crust with the apple filling and garnish it with more shredded coconut. Serve or refrigerate for later. If well-covered, it should keep for 2 days in your fridge.
California Fig Smoothie
Ingredients: 5 dried or fresh figs
4 cups fresh apple juice
1/4 cup ground flax meal
2 tbsp flax seed oil
Coconut butter to taste
Ice cubes as needed
Preparation: If you're using dried figs, soak them in Forever Healthy Water (enough to cover them) for at least 30 minutes. Put everything in the blender and blend on high speed for 3 min (if using dried figs) or 2 min (if using fresh figs). You'll need to adjust the number of ice cubes and the amount of coconut butter to your taste. Is this better than Sunny-Delight or what! ;)
Health Tip # 1: Ginger SuperFood
- Ginger is anti-inflammatory (arthritis, colitis, bursitis…)
- Relief from migraines and lowers cholesterol
- Ginger alleviates nausea, stomach upset & aids digestion & treats diarrhea including motion sickness, dizziness, vomiting, and cold sweats
- Ginger benefits the gastrointestinal tract as a sedative, analgesic, anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties
- Ginger gives warmth to the upper respiratory tract effective in treating cold and flu
- Effective relieving menstrual cramps, gas & bloating
- Ginger makes the platelets less sticky beneficial for circulatory disorders
- The cineole content in ginger is a mood enhancer and stress reliever
- Effective mouth freshener
- Ginger is believed to have anti-cancer properties. As per studies, ginger powder leads to cell death which is applied to ovarian cancer cells
- Grated or a slice of ginger root in boiled water with lemon and honey is a popular drink in Ayruvedic medicine for colds, coughs and sore throats
- The juice of ginger warms the body, promotes healthy sweating & detoxification & boosting of the immune system
- Ginger juice is a pain killer used externally on the forehead eliminates headaches & applying it to the cheek and jaw area is a strong remedy for dental pain
- Ginger has potassium, copper, magnesium and manganese helps to maintain blood pressure and heart rate
- Ginger juice provides immediate relief from minor burns and skin
irritation. It is also used in spas and salons as it is believed to have
a refreshing effect and reduce arthritic pain.
- MINERALS calcium, sodium, potassium, copper, magnesium, iron, zinc, phosphorus and manganese
- VITAMINS C, E, K, folate, Pantothenic acid, Pyridoxine, niacin
- Buying & Storing
- Make sure you pick ginger root ensuring the skin is not wrinkled which is an indication of drying out and over ripe
- Ginger root/s must be refrigerated. Keep them in a paper bag in the crisper area of the refrigerator for up to 2 months
Health Tip # 2: CACAO vs. Cocoa - One is a true SuperFood!
- Theobroma cacao, Cocoa beans, Cocoa pods, and Cacao
- Botanically, cacao is truly a nut.
- the raw cacao bean is the base of chocolate world wide. The raw unprocessed cacao beans is a powerhouse of nutrition
- The Latin binomial Theobroma cacao means food of the gods
- Cacao is grown commercially throughout Central and South America, Africa, the Caribbean, Indonesia, Malaysia and the Pacific islands.
- One of the highest antioxidant foods
- Top 15th most consumed food in the world
- #1 food source, Mg (magnesium), great for pituitary function
- Excellent appetite suppressant for weight loss
- Potent mood elevator
- A good source of vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, C, E and pantothenic acid
- rich in magnesium, calcium, iron, zinc, copper, manganese and potassium. High in calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, protein, chromium
- #1 food source Mg (magnesium) great for pituitary function
- #2 food source ORAC
- Contains 10 grams per 100 grams of flavonol antioxidants. This is a whopping 10% antioxidant concentration level!
University food scientists found that cacao powder has nearly twice the
antioxidants of red wine and up to three times what is found in green
- Over 300 nutritionally identifiable compounds - one of the most complex food substances on Earth!
- The top 15 most consumed food in the world!
- Natural MAO (mono-amine oxidase – 2 enzymes) are known for rejuvenation and anti-aging!
- excellent appetite suppressant
- Contains theobromine which is not the same as caffeine which is added to processed chocolate
- Anandamide is known as The Bliss Chemical
- Phenylethylamine (PEA) love chemical in chocolate is also great for alertness and focus!
- Structural molecule behind dopamine enhances alertness, joy
- High in tryptophan – mood enhancer, boosts serotonin – diminishes anxiety and is a great mood elevator
- Good source of Arginine amino acid that enhances circulation, blood flow, heart, sex organs
- Theobromine a potent aphrodisiac, is 75% milder than caffeine. Only 19 plants have it!
- Women love during PMS because hormone and mood enhancing and source of magnesium due to blood loss
- Purple color is the chakra which is brain related! Mental clarity!
- 8,000 Harvard grads ate chocolate and outlived their peers!
- Raw Certified Organic, Grown in Ecuador are the best varieties in the world.
- High quality will be microbe free, other chocolate often not properly fermented and can have mold Powder, whole bean or broken in nibs
- Cool or room temperature.
~ Wayne Gendel and Wellness Team